Abnormal uterine bleeding indicates unusual or heavy bleeding from your vagina. Both older women and adolescents may experience this condition during their monthly cycle. If you experience bleeding after having sex, it is considered abnormal. Some of the common symptoms of abnormal uterine bleeding are –
- Experiencing more bleeding compared to usual.
- Experiencing bleeding when you are pregnant.
- Bleeding in girls under the age of 9.
- Excessive bleeding or spotting in between your period.
- Longer menstrual cycle.
Abnormal uterine bleeding can disturb your quality of life. Hence, it is very important to take the treatment for this problem. If you are looking for a specialist for women’s health Boca Raton, gynecology, or obstetrics, you must approach a reputed medical center. Meet the MyDoc Women’s Health Specialists team in Florida if you are looking for affordable and effective treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding.
What causes abnormal uterine bleeding?
- Cancer can cause abnormal uterine bleeding in some women. Abnormal bleeding can indicate endometrial cancer. Hence, if you experience abnormal uterine bleeding, you must contact a good specialist in your location. Endometrial cancer occurs more in women who are above 60 years old. Early detection of this condition helps in treating it easily. The more you delay, the worse your problem can become.
- Those who use birth control pills can also experience this problem more. If you use birth control pills and experience abnormal bleeding, contact your specialist as early as possible.
- Polyps or Fibroids can also cause this condition.
- Ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage can also cause this problem.
- Ovulation problems can also lead to this issue.
- People with hypothyroidism can also experience this problem.
When you see a specialist, they will check your symptoms and recommend the necessary tests to determine the cause of the problem. Some common tests recommended for determining the cause of this problem are a CT scan, endometrial biopsy and pregnancy test.
If fibroids have caused this condition, your doctor may recommend GnRH to shrink them. They may suggest certain medications. If nothing seems to work, your doctor may suggest surgery for you. People with abnormal uterine bleeding may experience weight loss or weakness. You will not be able to do any of your activities comfortably.
Check out the patient reviews of various specialists in your location before fixing the appointment. Otherwise, you may end up choosing the wrong doctor for your treatment.